As industry leader in video production in San Diego, California, BizVid Communication thought you might be interested in some video facts presented in the recently released US Digital Benchmark, published by the Adobe Digital Index, 2nd quarter 2014 edition.
This updated research reveals some compelling digital video viewing trends which may impact your business and your marketing strategies.
As a business, you should continue to look for ways to more greatly engage video viewers. Because of this, you will need to be aware that online video and online TV viewing behaviors are changing. Significantly.
With more access points, including mobile, Apple TV, and an ever increasing supply of premium content, the number viewers of free online videos and online TV is reaching new record levels every quarter. Businesses are seeing greater value in digital audiences, which are also easier to quantify and target than with traditional broadcasting, and these businesses are finally able to reach mass scale via digital video marketing.
With this shift in viewing habits, businesses must adopt strategies to incorporate digital viewing through their websites, social media and any other business outreach that can include video content.
Here is the new record for total online video consumption
- • There are 38.2 billion−Online free access video achieves…with a record number of videos watched, up 43% from the previous index.
- • Smart phones have overtaken tablets… Device preference swings back toward smart phones, with the share of access using phones up 59%. (comparing Q2 ‘13 with Q2 ’14)
- • 388% YEAR OVER YEAR growth for online TV video consumption.
- • There was an 85% unique visitor growth in 201… this represents a surge in monthly unique viewership, growing 85% over six months, up 146%.
- People are frequenting online TV more than ever before
- • Frequency of authenticated video from on movie channel networks increased 125% YEAR OVER YEAR.
- • Broadcast and cable networks experienced a viewing frequency increase of 80.6% YEAR OVER YEAR.
- • The number of online TV videos watched per visitor each month has increased by 54.8% across all device types. And, Android apps surpass desktop browsers.
- • There has been a 28% year over year gain in the share of authenticated video views such as movie, which accounts for 20% of video authentications. What’s more, gaming consoles and over the top devices are becoming the new desktop in the online TV space.
- • In the realm of online TV, gaming consoles and other devices are becoming a relevant medium for content consumption, with a share growth of 194%
In summary, video growth is being led by mobile media. Online video viewing continues to proliferate to mobile, gaming consoles, and apps.
The explosion of online television content, the integration of video into social channels, and the increase of mobile video viewing has created a unique opportunity to reach new viewers who can’t be found on traditional TV channels.
Understanding the trends behind this growth will help your company stay on the cutting edge of online video development and delivery…these statistics should inspire your greater involvement in video for your website, social media and elsewhere. Remember, BizVid is available to help. Thanks for watching this BizVid blog.